Music: JOHN TIBBS
Hailing from the midwest, John Tibbs built his success the old-school way: playing shows, writing great songs, and truly caring about those he meets along the way.
Critics rave, “with shades of Bruce Springsteen, John Mellencamp and Creedence Clearwater Revival, the heartland rock Tibbs traffics in is just right for the weightier, darker side of the redemption story.” Over the past four years, he penned songs with the likes of Dave Barnes, Matt Maher, Michael Farren, and Paul Mabury, in addition to touring over 700 dates throughout the U.S.. Be sure to keep your eyes on the horizon, as John Tibbs shows no intention of slowing down anytime soon.
Story behind the song “Lay Your Head Down”:
I wrote this song after having lunch with a friend who was going through a divorce. He felt like his life was stalling out, and his anxiety had become overwhelming and disabling.
This song idea came to me that night. I was reminded of the scripture where God calls us to lie down in green pastures; to be restored.
I think there are so many of us who are feeling overwhelmed these days. How could we not? I want to remind people of the hope and peace that Jesus offers each of us. He is a comfort and a friend.
I truly hope that this song will encourage the listener and find its way to people who need to hear this message.
- as an indie, John Tibbs’ music has received over 10 million streams on Spotify
- His debut album, Dead Man Walking, received a Dove award nomination for best rock/ contemporary album of the year (47th annual GMA Dove Awards 2016)
- Single “Dead Man Walking” reached Top 20 AC radio, was featured on God’s Not Dead 2: Soundtrack (2016)
- 125,000+ Social Media followers
- Performed at the 100th Anniversary of the Indianapolis 500